function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bianca LeflaiveBianca Leflaive 

How to retrieve deleted contacts

I am a total newbie to this system and when trying to delete multiple 'selected' contacts in my contacts list, I hit delete and it proptly went and deleted every SINGLE contact listed!! HELP!
I thought I was doing it correctly by making sure that each contact that I wanted to remove was marked with a tick in the box on the left hand side of the page, obviously not....
I have tryied to search for some kind of recycle bin or deleted items but to no avail. I have also tried running CSV imports from our main system (Microsoft NAV), but that doesnt seem to show anything in my contacts page - even though I recieve an email saying how many contacts it has uploaded..??
However, it does seem that they are still stored somewhere as when I go into someone's account there is a contact listed againt the account..!?
Please can somebody help me with this!!  Thanks in advance! :)
Best Answer chosen by Bianca Leflaive
Thanks for your help guys.  I have spoken with Salesforce themselves now and it seems that I had just removed the page 'all contacts' from the list.  They have talked me through how to return it and how to correctly mass delete contacts so all sorted now! 

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bianca,

Greetings to you!

I think you are trying to search recycle bin in lightning experience. As of today, there is no way for users to access the Recycling Bin in Lightning. To retrieve records that have been deleted, you first need to switch back to Salesforce Classic, access the bin, restore your record(s), then switch back to Lightning again.

User-added image

User-added image

If you are able to see Contacts under related list on Account, then try changing the list view option to All Contacts on Contacts. 

User-added image

Please refer to the below links which might help you further with the above requirement.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004037&language=en_US&type=1

https://support.veeva.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005300127-How-to-Recover-Deleted-Data-in-Salesforce-

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Hello Khan,

Thanks for your response.
I didn't know that the Classic site existed - so that helps!
However, the few items in my recycle bin are things that I actually have deleted (just a couple tasks and oppurtunities) and no contacts..?!
On my drop-down list fron the contacts tab, the only options that I have available to me are: Birthdays This Month, New This Week, Recently Viewed.   - When clicking on any of these 3 options, it just gives me an empty screen with the message 'No itemns to display'. ? 

Thank You.
$hwet@$hwet@
Hi Bianca,

If you are not sure if you have deleted the records or not you query the deleted records through workbench and check. Make sure you select the include deleted item checkbox. please see the screenshot below:
User-added image
Thanks for your help guys.  I have spoken with Salesforce themselves now and it seems that I had just removed the page 'all contacts' from the list.  They have talked me through how to return it and how to correctly mass delete contacts so all sorted now! 
This was selected as the best answer
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Bianca,

Please refer to the following links as it may be helpful in solving your problem:

https://support.veeva.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005300127-How-to-Recover-Deleted-Data-in-Salesforce-
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004037&language=en_US&type=1

I hope you find the above solution helpful.If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha