function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KTsfdcKTsfdc 

Chat Button in Live Agent is not working.

I have created a chat button for Live Agent but It is not working . Still showing the standard button. Can someone tell me how it can be worked?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karuna,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

May I request you please confirm where exactly is this custom chat button placed?

If you have a webpage where you have put the Live Agent button/deployment code, but the Live Agent Chat button image is not showing, even when Agents are available for chat. 

You will want to ensure you have the full and correct code deployed on your webpage. 

Go to your web page where the code is hosted
Right click on the page and click "Inspect Element". This will bring up the developer tools
Under the Elements tab, search for "573" which is the button code. If you find it, that means the button code is there. Then search for "572" to confirm that the Deployment code is present. Lastly, search for "00D" to confirm that the Org ID is present
All of those ID's need to be present on the web page for the button to appear correctly. If one of those is missing, please refer back to Setup in Salesforce so you can grab the Deployment code and Chat Button code and add it to your webpage. 

Please let us know still if you need any help.

Happy to help further.

Thanks,
Nagendra
KTsfdcKTsfdc
Hi Nagendra,
I added vf page in custom chat page section. Like this:

User-added image

testchatwith_image is custom chat button

KTsfdcKTsfdc
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it .
When I'm previwing the page all the ids(i.e button id, deployment id and org id) were present but when i ran the same page via the website it is missing the button id. 
I have added the permision of Vf page to the site, also checked the deployment code and button code, everything seems to be fine.
Check the screenshot below:
User-added image
Can you please help and let me know where i'm missing out?