function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ui trailui trail 

Email sent did not get logged in Activity History for custom record

HI,
I am using Activity timeline in custom object. I have sent email using 'Email' global quickaction, recipients receives email, but nowhere its logged in the record, neither Activity history nor Past Activities. Unable to track the email sent through the record.

HariniLHariniL
Hi,

Could you Please try the below one.

Go to Detail in lightning experience --> click Edit button--> check Allow Activities 

I did the same. Now i can able to track the email that i have sent. Attached screenshotUser-added image

click on "No subject". See below

User-added image

HariniLHariniL
please make sure that delieverability should be "All Emails". For this go to setup --> search for deliverability 
ui trailui trail
Hi, Yes My custom object is marked as 'Allow Activities' and my Email delieverability is "All Emails".Still it is not working
HariniLHariniL
Are you able to see the quick action for Email that you created in detail page of your object.
ui trailui trail
HI, Yes it is available for my record. Please find the below image. After sending the email , it is not showing in past Activities.
User-added image
HariniLHariniL
Hi,

Please follow the below steps.

First delete the custom quick action that you created in your object and do the following 

Go to buttons and links ---> click New action --> 

User-added image

(Optional) If you want to get Receipient email Id dynamically in the "To address" . User-added image

Above there is predefined field values. Click New

User-added image

click on save. Add it to pagelayout and check now. if you already performed these steps ignore it, otherwise please let me know.
ui trailui trail
Hi HariniL,
I tried by adding New email quick action, Still it is not capturing in past activites .