function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg FinzerGreg Finzer 

How to show reports on Reports tab?

I have a lightning application with a Reports Tab.  I created two reports and I would like to have them show in the Reports Tab dropdown for all users.  How do I do this?

I also have a Dashboards Tab.  I created a dashboard and I would like it to show in the Dashboards Tab dropdown for all users.
Best Answer chosen by Greg Finzer
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
@Greg  by default, you see the recent reports indeed and you need to choose a specific folder with few reports (with the name A-Admin-Reports for instance, always at the beginning, if you want to find at once your reports without scrolling ).
Otherwise you need to use the search for a report by its name (quicker if you remember a part of the name).

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Did you already share the folders where the reports and dashboards are (or you can move the reports/dashboards into an existing shared folder) ?

Share a Report or Dashboard Folder in Lightning Experience
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=rd_folders_share_enhanced.htm&type=5

Greg FinzerGreg Finzer
@Alain, Thanks for your help.  I have the reports folder shared.  Do you have to click on the report first before it appears in the Reports list?  Is that default Salesforce functionality where it is a recently used list?  I was hoping to pre-populate the list with the two reports.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
@Greg  by default, you see the recent reports indeed and you need to choose a specific folder with few reports (with the name A-Admin-Reports for instance, always at the beginning, if you want to find at once your reports without scrolling ).
Otherwise you need to use the search for a report by its name (quicker if you remember a part of the name).
This was selected as the best answer