function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Edwards 3John Edwards 3 

Change Sets Not Moving Profile Permissions.

Hello Team,

I have followed all of the processes for pushing Change Sets and Profile accessibility but all of my fields are still showing as hidden when I push to production. I have:

1. Checked the field accessibility on the field in my sandbox and it is editable for all profiles.

User-added image

2. I created my change set with the fields in question and ALL profiles.

User-added imageUser-added image
3. I have uploaded and deployed the change set.
4. At this point, the field level security for all profiles has been switched to hidden.
User-added image

After reviewing all documentation and previously written articles this should be everything that needs to be done. We have an exorbitant amount of profiles, which is another problem in and of itself, and I don't have time to go profile by profile amending this every time I push changes up to production.

Any ideas?
Hi John,
Deploying Profile with changeset is kind of very irritating. In your case let's say if you want to deploy Field level permission or Field accessibility you need to add all the dependencies related to it in the changeset. One very critical thing to note here is if this is an exiting profile which is already target environment it will refresh the profile with new permission and removing the existing ones.

For example : Let's say i have a IT manager profile in my Target environment with FLS and accessibility on five custom fields for Contact object. Now in my sandbox I created some 3 new Contact fields and I gave new field level permission and Field Accessibility for IT manager profile so in order reflect these changes in Target environment I need to add Profile, all the 8 custom feilds (If we just add 3 newly created custom field, it might create discrepancies so better add all the 8 fields), all the record type for field acccessibility.

I would also suggest to use other deployment methods like ANT script or CI/CD. If you don't want to lot of set up then for quick solution you can also try Eclipse IDE for deploying your changes. Let me know if it helps.