function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gunwinder Singh 4Gunwinder Singh 4 

Trigger trims the first three characters.

Hi, 

I am trying to write a trigger that trims the number, removing brackets and dashes so that I can build a email address. For some reason the trigger is removing the first 3 characters and I am not able to understand the reason for this. Any pointers will be helpful.

trigger ContactMGT on Contact (before insert,before update) {
    for (contact s : trigger.new){
        string p1=s.Phone.replace('(','');
        string p2=s.Phone.replace(')','');
        string p3=s.Phone.replace('-','');

if(s.Phone==NULL){ s.adderror('Phone can not be blank, please enter a valid number'); }
        if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Alltel'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@message.alltel.com'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='AT&T'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@txt.att.net'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Boost Mobile'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'sms.cricketwireless.net'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Cricket Wireless'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@msg.fi.google.com'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Project Fi'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@msg.fi.google.com'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Sprint'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@messaging.sprintpcs.com'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='T-Mobile'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@tmomail.net'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Verizon'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@vtext.com'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Virgin Mobile'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@vmobl.co'; }
        else if (s.Phone_Service__c=='Republic Wireless'){ s.SMS_Link__c=p3+'@text.republicwireless.com'; } 
    }
}

Thanks.