function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
George Laird 29George Laird 29 

Visualforce mystery unsolved! Refreshing a page after Salesforce updates the record? Heeeeeeelp!

I'm stuck.  So stuck.  Can anyone help? 

I start with a public site Visualforce page that takes some input values and creates a custom object record in Salesforce and then redirects to a second page which displays those values that were just inputted. This is a guest site user.    The creation of this new record in Salesforce hits a trigger that performs a number of APEX callouts to get more data for that record.  This process takes about 30 seconds total.  After all the callouts are done, the rest of the fields on the Salesforce record are popualted. 

I need to display these NEW values on the same visualforce page that the end user is waiting for while the callouts have been running.  

So for the end user they enter the fields, are taked to a thank you page that is displaying some of the fields (the ones they inputted) and it shows some wait icon until the callouts are done, and the new fields are populated, then should populate those new fields on the VF page. 

I can't get it to work.  Even when I manually refresh the page after the update is done, the new values aren't there.  They are just null. 

Any idea on the approach I need to take here?  Any advice would be awesome!