function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mickey Stringer 5Mickey Stringer 5 

LoginEvent and EventLogFile 'Not Supported' in REST Query

I am trying to access either/both LoginEvent and EventLogFile via REST SOQL query. I have a need to obtain login history older than 6 months.

Both return a response that says the SObject is not supported. For LoginEvent, it seems as though it is not recognized at all - it recommends appending '__c' for a custom object. For EventLogFile, it simply says 'not supported.'

I have confirmed other, simple queries - like SELECT Id FROM Contact LIMIT 10 - work correctly.

And since I was led to querying these objects by this help article (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=monitor_login_forensics_considerations.htm&type=5), I also went to Event Monitoring Settings to enable Login Forensics, but it is not an option. I took this to mean that Login Forensics are enabled by default at this point.

Has anyone had success querying these objects? Or have you found a more reliable way of obtaining login history older than 6 months?
Mickey Stringer 5Mickey Stringer 5
Other helpful information - I am authenticating as a System Adminstrator, so I have API and All Data access