function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akshay desai 9akshay desai 9 

Update a field value by workflow

I have a object product I want to update a task field value such as 
Order price is 100 then in task price should be automatically update as 100 I want to do this by workflow 

Best Answer chosen by akshay desai 9
Harsh P.Harsh P.
Here you can create task not update. If want to update there should be existing task.

To achieve use below Process builder:

Create one process builder.
Select Object as Order.
Select No Criteria.
Add immediate action as below:
                                                              Action Type =Create Record
                                                              Give any action name
                                                              Select RecordType=Task
                                                              Set All Field values of task and add one row.
                                                              In Field select Price,Type=FieldReference,Value=[Order].Price and SAVE.

Use this process builder and let me know is it helpful.

All Answers

Harsh P.Harsh P.
Hi Akshay,

You can not achieve this by workflow .Here you need to use Process builder as below:
  1. Create one process
  2. Select Object as Product.
  3. Add criteria as Order Price = 100.
  4. Add immediate action as below:
                                                              Action Type =Update Record
                                                              Give any action name
                                                              Select RecordType=[Account].Task
                                                              Select No criteria
                                                              In update box set as Field as Price = 100 and SAVE it.

Regards,
Harsh P.

Hi Harsh But there is no relation between the order and task 

Harsh P.Harsh P.
Are you talking about std obj Task or it's custom obj ?

Custom Object

Harsh P.Harsh P.
Let me know price is field of obj ?

I have one custom object Order when order is created that time task is also created that I did with the workflow task 
Now I want to add a Price of a Order into the task. I created a activity field for that is Price  
Harsh P.Harsh P.
You can just creatre task not to update the field on task by workflow. Use process builder for this.

Harsh P.Harsh P.
Here you can create task not update. If want to update there should be existing task.

To achieve use below Process builder:

Create one process builder.
Select Object as Order.
Select No Criteria.
Add immediate action as below:
                                                              Action Type =Create Record
                                                              Give any action name
                                                              Select RecordType=Task
                                                              Set All Field values of task and add one row.
                                                              In Field select Price,Type=FieldReference,Value=[Order].Price and SAVE.

This was selected as the best answer