function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharp BESharp BE 

How to guarantee file upload in Flow

Hi, 

Is there any way you can guarantee that a user uploads a file thru a Flow? 

We currently have a screen component which provides the users with a dropdown option to verifiy the response of the customer. With that we also want to upload the signed off document by the customer. 

With the current File Upload component I don't see a direct option to also validate that a file is really uploaded. Working around with Text Collection variables to store the file names and compare it with "null" doesn't seem to work.

Many thanks in advance!
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Sharp,

I have gone through your problem and found out the following point:

If you are uploading your file using a lightning component as your flow screen then it should give proper 'Uploaded' message. For more info please go through https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_vpm_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_guide/vpm_files.htm  . At the end, you will see an image with a proper message. 

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi        
Sharp BESharp BE
Hi Ajay, 

Thanks for quick reply. 

The uploading process isn't the issue. It's the question how you can validate that the user really uploaded a file.
If they didn't we would like to circle them back to the screen before the upload where we will warn them that no file has been uploaded. 

Hopefully this will clearout our question. 

Thanks!