function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RahulRahul 

Hello friends, I have created an approval process and added a specific user as approver, but every user is able to access it and approve/reject though modify all data and modify all for object permission is not present. Need your help. Thanks

Anant KamatAnant Kamat
Hi Rahul,
Can you please tell the OWD for that object. The scenario you are mentioning is possible only if the OWD setting for that objec is Public Read/Write since this would open up the record for everyone. In that case you need to change it to Private so that only the Owner of the record and his manager can see the records. Once you have made it Private, you need to create sharing rules to provide visibility to that records based on your criterias.
RahulRahul
Its in salesforce CPQ Quote. When I checked the OWD its, Public Read/Write when I click on Edit  and change it, its dissappeared from the List. Can you Please suggest me a validation rule so that I can mention the user Id's in that rule and those users will not be able to approve it. Thanks
Anant KamatAnant Kamat
One solution that comes to my mind is to create a new checkbox called Locked in the object and do not add it to the Page Layout. In the Initial Submission Actions, do a field update on the checkbox and make it Checked. Then use this checkbox along with the userids in the validation rule to prevent users from editing the record.