function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ricki ReayRicki Reay 

Ability to display dynamic help text based on picklist value selected before record save?

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to display help text for users submitting cases to our IT department that would show up and change depending on what picklist value is selected (for the field "Problem Type" which has values such as: "Mobile Phone," "Computer Hardware," Computer Software," "Reset Password," "Outlook", "Printers/Copiers", etc.). 

Currently, using another system (not Salesforce, but we are looking to migrate IT cases to Salesforce) users are given instructions depending on the "Problem Type" selected, such as what to include in the notes section of the case or steps to take prior to submitting the case. Therefore, I am looking to have this dynamic text show up prior to the case being submitted. Ideally, it would show up right under the "Problem Type" picklist on the record creation/edit form.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I would be able to achieve this functionality? I am hoping there is a OOTB/AppExchange solution, but open to all ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Ricki