function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sowmya YakkalaSowmya Yakkala 

Difference b/w Force.com org and Salesforce.com org

When i am logging in to Salesforce Org, I am not able to identify weather it is Salesforce Org (Or) Force.com Org .Can any One help me how to find it.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Sowmya,
Salesforce is a cloud computing company which provides various software solutions and a platform for users and developers to develop and distribute custom software. This platform which Salesforce provides is called Force.com.

Salesforce offers Force.com a Platform as a Service (PaaS) product for developers to develop their own application. You can develop your own application and list them on AppExchange like how you develop android applications and list them on the android play store. 
Salesforce users can subscribe to your application and use it.

Salesforce is being used by various companies to overcome challenges. 
Companies in different domains like Financial Technology, Manufacturing, etc are utilizing the different product that salesforce offers.

Please check the below link for more Information:
https://www.zarantech.com/blog/difference-between-salesforce-com-and-force-com/

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi

Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Sowmya,

Force.com develops and delivers customized applications within a short period. These applications are automatically connected to all of the Salesforce data and use APIs to connect with external data. Force.com includes security controls to handle the applications and permit users to delete, edit, view, or create only specific applications. 

Salesforce.com is leading the social CRM by targeting its customers and achieves social CRM objectives. Force.com uses HTML, CSS, JavaScript, or Visualforce to develop entirely new applications of your choice. Salesforce.com helps in the hassle-free environment for building applications.

I suggest you visit this link, it will help you 
https://www.zarantech.com/blog/difference-between-salesforce-com-and-force-com/

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha.