function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Akash PuneraAkash Punera 

Remove app launcher from lightning experience for external user

I have been trying to find a way to hide the app launcher in lightning but hit no success. Is it possible by any means to remove it?User-added image
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Akash,

Greetings to you!

As far as I know, you cannot remove/hide App Launcher in lightning experience. The App Launcher is available to all Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic users. Salesforce Classic users need the Use Identity Features permission and the App Launcher option in their profile set to Visible. Users see only the apps that they are authorized to see according to their profile or permission sets.

You can also hide apps from the App Launcher in Lightning Experience by following below steps:

1. From Setup, enter App Menu in the Quick Find box, then select App Menu.
2. From the list of available apps, click Visible in App Launcher or Hidden in App Launcher to show or hide individual apps from the App Launcher in Lightning Experience for all users in the org.

Alternatively, you can also remove access to the Apps for individual users through their profiles.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas