function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SwayampravaSwayamprava 

As per new summer release , how to set a site user in my org? Please help.

As per new summer release , Now the users who are creating site records are no more the record owners. So how to set a default record owner? I am no getting the way to do it. Can any one suggest me? Thanks in advance. 
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
If you have community-enabled and users without login credentials (unauthenticated users) that has access to records -
Example: Guest Users can access and edit standard or custom object records, or there are records where an owner is an unauthenticated user, once the Guest User security updates are enabled, this access will be affected.

If your org has similar access permission for Guest Users from above examples, once the security updates are enforced,
Guest users’ org-wide defaults are set to Private for all objects, and you can’t change this access level. You also can’t add guest users to groups or queues or manually share records with them. You can grant record access only with new guest user sharing rules.

A guest user sharing rule is a type of criteria-based sharing rule that can grant Read-Only access to guest users. It’s the only way that you can share records with unauthenticated users when the Secure guest user record access setting is enabled.

The guest user security is to adhere to the Salesforce principle of least access removing various obsolete user permissions from guest user profiles to enhance data security.

- Guest User: New Guest User Access Setting and Removed Retired Permissions
https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring20/release-notes/rn_networks_guest_user.htm

If you have any more questions please reach out to the Salesforce support team.

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

SwayampravaSwayamprava
Thanks, Abhishek for your quick reply. My concern is, there is no community enabled. and currently, we have delayed the feature enforcement till the next release. But there is a way by which the system will automatically choose a user as the record owner in place of Guest users. How to achieve this default user setup.

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Then please reach out to salesforce support once, I suspect there could be any backend permission.

SwayampravaSwayamprava
Thank you