function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aleksandra CzepiergaAleksandra Czepierga 

create activity vs create task

Hi! I'm working with python Simple Salesforce on tasks creation. Can sb tell me what is the real difference between task and activity?
My goal is to create a TASK object but when I am using code below, I am getting new activities, not tasks... I have no idea why...

sf.Task.create({'WhatId':id,'Subject': subject , 'OwnerId': owner, 'Type': type, 'Description':description})

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
As per salesforce definition:

An event is a calendar event scheduled for a specific day and time. Examples of events are:

1)      Meetings
2)      Scheduled Conference Calls

A task is an activity not scheduled for an exact day and time. You can specify a due date for a task or there may not be a particular time or date that the tasks or activities need to be completed by.

Examples of tasks are:

- A list of phone calls you need to make.
-  An email that needs to be sent.

This functionality allows users more flexibility in using salesforce as a daily task manager.

For further reference, you can check this too (https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/252171/difference-between-activity-task-and-log-a-call-in-salesforce)

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.
Pointy MalcolmPointy Malcolm