function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Smitha KumariSmitha Kumari 

Trying to Implement Advance currency Management for custom object

Hello Folks

Need help with Advance currency management, as the document says the A.C.M is supported only for opportunitues and not custom objects
I am trying to design the ACM for custom object, I have considered following custom fields

Field label- Input Amount
Field name - Amount__c
Datatype - Number(18, 0)

FIELD LABEL - Month End Date
FIELD NAME - Month_End_Date__c
DATA TYPE - Date

Field label- Converted Value
Field name - Converted_Value__c
Datatype - Currency(18, 0)

FIELD LABEL - Currency
FIELD NAME - CurrencyIsoCode  (USD, EURO)
DATA TYPE - Picklist

My Default currency is INR, I have enabled multiple currecny, I want to retrive all the conversion values based on months, I have
Defined it in the Manage Dated Exchange Rates, 

In the Trigger I am fetching the Manage Dated Exchange Rates through an api called DatedConversionRate

I am using the SOQL query, 

SELECT Id, IsoCode, ConversionRate, StartDate, NextStartDate FROM DatedConversionRate

User-added image

Now my requirement - Based on the Month End Date the conversionvalues should pickup for EUR or USD, The conversion rate should show in INR

Below is my trigger

trigger Convertedcurrency on Dated_Currency__c (before insert,before update) {

List<DatedConversionRate> currencyTypeList = [SELECT Id, IsoCode, ConversionRate, StartDate, NextStartDate FROM DatedConversionRate ORDER BY NextStartDate DESC];

Map<String , Decimal> isoWithRateMap = new Map<String, Decimal>();

for(DatedConversionRate c : currencyTypeList){

isoWithRateMap.put(c.IsoCode,c.ConversionRate);
    }

for(Dated_Currency__c ce: trigger.new){

if(ce.Month_End_Date__c!=null && ce.CurrencyIsoCode != 'EUR' && isoWithRateMap.containsKey(ce.CurrencyIsoCode)){

ce.Converted_Value__c = ce.Amount__c/ isoWithRateMap.get(ce.CurrencyIsoCode);
        }

if(ce.Month_End_Date__c!=null && ce.CurrencyIsoCode != 'USD' && isoWithRateMap.containsKey(ce.CurrencyIsoCode)){

}
    }
}

Any help would be Highly Appriciated
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Smitha,

As per your requirement, you need to convert the amount into INR if the currency is not equal to INR. So you just need to add a check that converts the EUR and USD values to INR. Please find the updated code below:
trigger Convertedcurrency on Dated_Currency__c (before insert,before update) {

List<DatedConversionRate> currencyTypeList = [SELECT Id, IsoCode, ConversionRate, StartDate, NextStartDate FROM DatedConversionRate ORDER BY NextStartDate DESC];

Map<String , Decimal> isoWithRateMap = new Map<String, Decimal>();

for(DatedConversionRate c : currencyTypeList){

isoWithRateMap.put(c.IsoCode,c.ConversionRate);
    }

for(Dated_Currency__c ce: trigger.new){

if(ce.Month_End_Date__c!=null && ce.CurrencyIsoCode != 'INR' && isoWithRateMap.containsKey(ce.CurrencyIsoCode)){

}

}
}

Let me know if I misunderstood your requirement. It would be good if you can given some examples with expected output. 

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Smitha KumariSmitha Kumari
Hello Abhishek

Thanks for your quick reply, 

I tried your code, but its not working, As per my requirement, the USD and Euro conversion should be based on the values defined
in the Dated Exchange rates

Ex. in the Dated Exchange Rates I am giving the Dollar value as 0.014100 for Jan 1 to Jan 31st

User-added image

Now in the record level if i give Input amount as 100 and monthly end date as Jan 1st the

and i am selecting as currency as USD, then the converted value should come as

100/0.014100 = 7,092.19

The same should happen for EUR based on the values given in the Dated Exchange Rates based on the Monthly end date, 

User-added image

The same should happen for EUR based on the values given in the Dated Exchange Rates based on the Monthly end date, I hope you have understood my requirement
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Smita,

Yes, I understand your requirement and in order to suggest some solutions I need to know the background in some more details. Can we connect on a call to discuss this in detail. I am sure we will sort it out in our call.
If possible please reach out to me on:
Gmail: abhibansal2790@gmail.com
Phone: +917357512102

Thanks.