function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mah NaazMah Naaz 

Chat window is not opening

Hi, 

I need help with chat window issues. 
The issue is every other day; the chat window does not open on the Website. Till yesterday the window was working fine suddenly; when I was training end-users for a chat feature in Salesforce, the window doesn't open. The new website go-live is next week Wednesday, and this window issue is killing me.
Please help me out; I need help.
I appreciate your help in advance!
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mah - What error do you see in the browser console log? Browser developer tool is a great way to troubleshoot such issues

User-added image

Salesforce Support can search for issue in the server logs as well if you log a case with them
Mah NaazMah Naaz
Hi Anudeep, 

User-added image
This is the issue I see in the screenshot; please let me know what action I need it. 
I create a case with Salesforce but no reply yet. 
Mah NaazMah Naaz
Anudeep, 

I have other errors now, any thoughts? 
 User-added image
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Looked at the first error

CORS does not support requests for unauthenticated resources, including OAuth endpoints. 

I recommend adding the blocked URL to SFDC’s CORS whitelist

If whitelisting does not help, you can try adding the header "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" to the request you forward to the salesforce

Reference Articles:
-------------------------
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G000000I7mfQAC 

xhr.setRequestHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*");

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/137172/possible-to-set-access-control-allow-origin-in-an-sfmc-landingpage 

<script runat=server> Platform.Load("core","1"); HTTPHeader.SetValue("Access-Control-Allow-Methods","POST"); HTTPHeader.SetValue("Access-Control-Allow-Origin","*"); </script>

Taking a look at the other error

Archana Kalburgi Sriram 6Archana Kalburgi Sriram 6
Hi, I have created a custom prechat form using aura componenet where firstname and lastname is prepopulated from contact object based on the Emplid which is on the other third party domain where I have embedded the code snippet from salesforce 'embedded service deployment' - 'Chat Deployment' - 'Embedded Service Code Snippets'code.
When I log into my portal and open the chat the firstname and lastname filed is prepopulated along with Emplid, now when i got to community to check my inquires and come back to the portal and click on Chat button prechat form openes only with start button on it but other fields will not visible.
This issue is happening only on chrome browser but works fine on Firefox. I opened case with support but they said 'this error occurs by using the customized chat. Salesforce can not support customized chat, it will be out of our scope for us to reproduce the issue. So please use the standard functionality for the chat. which is provided by the salesforce"