function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Celeste Streeter 7Celeste Streeter 7 

Creating an Alert to fire when a date field becomes equal to TODAY's date I am trying to create an alert on a specific date field on an object that is time-based related.

Hi,
I am trying to create an alert on a specific date field on an object that is time-based related. 

The issue is that both Process Builder and WorkFlow only fire when an object is updated or created, but not when a date becomes Today (naturally, without editing or creating the object's fields).

Here are my 3 separate use cases (each needs its own solution, but has the same problem):
1. On a custom object called "Project" we have a date-field called KICKOFF DATE.  When the date becomes today, we want an email alert to send out a reminder that today is kickoff date for this project.
2. When an Opp is in Stage 1 and it's Age = 60 days, we want to send an email alert that the Opportunity is 60 days old (from created date) and is in stage 1.
3. When an Opportunity is approaching the Close Date and is in a lower Stage, we want an alert to fire that says warns it is approaching.
So now I think I need a trigger to help fire this in Process Builder. 

Anybody ever had this need before or accomplished this?
Best Answer chosen by Celeste Streeter 7
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Celeste,

You can simply achieve this bys using a workflow rule. You can set the criteria as TRUE if you always want to execute this. You can add a time dependent workflow action which will be executed 0 days after KICKOFF Date.

Let me know if you need any help in setting up this worklflow rule.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Gmail: abhibansal2790@gmail.com

All Answers

Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Celeste,

You can simply achieve this bys using a workflow rule. You can set the criteria as TRUE if you always want to execute this. You can add a time dependent workflow action which will be executed 0 days after KICKOFF Date.

Let me know if you need any help in setting up this worklflow rule.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Gmail: abhibansal2790@gmail.com
This was selected as the best answer
Celeste Streeter 7Celeste Streeter 7
Thank you so much!!! This worked!!! :)
Alice JennyAlice Jenny
Thank you very much. Thanks to your guide, I have created it successfully. wordle unlimited (https://wordleunlimited.io/
Neha Sharma 369Neha Sharma 369
This really helped. You can also check some of the best devsecops tools (https://technicalistechnical.com/10-best-devsecops-tools-list/)you would need.