function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kamal BrijwasiKamal Brijwasi 

community verification in google search console

I need to verify our salesforce community in google search console using the HTML tag verification method. added the meta tag in head mark up under Community Builder - Settings - Advance - Head mark up.

But I receive the error "We couldn't find your verification meta tag". 

It works perfectly fine with sandbox community. Google's rich results test tool is able to find the HTML verfication tag in sandbox community but not in production.

Has anyone ever able to verify their production community through google search console ?

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Kamal,

Without checking complete behavior we can't answer this query.

I can see that you have already raised a case with our Salesforce support.

Our team will assign the case to the next available agent and provide you an answer.

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Regards,
Salesforce Support.
Eric PadronEric Padron
Hey Kamal,

I was able to get my community verified with search console by doing the following:

First, go to Google Analytics and create a new property using gtag.

Then, copy the JS code from Google Analytics. Important: We will be pasting this in the head of the community, instead of using the older UA-YYYYY-XX built-in option provided by the builder.

Open the community builder on Salesforce, then go to Settings > Advanced > Edit Head Markup and paste in the JS code from Google.

Now, go to Google Search Console and add a property. Select the second option and use your complete community URL from ( https: ) all the way to the ( /s/ ) at the end.

This method will automatically verify your site via Google Analytics.

Please mark this answer best if you have success. Good luck!
Alex WestnerAlex Westner
I'm going through the same problem right now, but this remedy didn't work for me. I've verified that the script is in the head tag by viewing the public source. I'm stumped.
Kumiko KawamotoKumiko Kawamoto
I am facing the same problem.
Previously, verification using html tags was possible.
Even if I embed the html tag and immediately press the confirmation button on the property addition page, an error occurred.
However, after a while, when I accessed the search console again, the validation was complete. I don't know what is the cause.

After that, I deleted the verification html tag once and added the tag again to try verification, but the verification is not completed.
I also tried the method posted by Eric, but it didn't work.
Tran Xuan HaiTran Xuan Hai

You can try the following:

1. Setup > Quick Find > All Sites > chose Site > Builder
2. Click icon Gear in the header
 User-added image

3. Page Access must be PUBLIC

User-added image