function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Surya Sharma 4Surya Sharma 4 

Using the address component in a flow with State/Country picklists and translations

Hi everyone,
I've got a flow in an org that is used to create person accounts.This org also uses state/country picklists and has translations for the states/countries loaded in for languages via the translation workbench.

This flow uses the standard Address lightning component (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_elements_screencmp_address.htm&type=5) to allow our users to enter a mailing address for the person accounts, and this has worked prefectly well for our English users but we're now running into issues with other languages.

For example: When using a Portuguese user to enter an address in Brazil (which would mean choosing the value "Brasil" in Portuguese from the country picklist) causes an exception to be thrown.

I believe this is happening because the flow is trying to insert the literal value "Brasil" into the "country" field whereas the picklist is expecting "Brazil". Is there a way we can configure that component to use the CountryCode field instead?
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
Can you provide the exception you are seeing? Also, steps you are following to replicate how Portuguese user can enter an address in Brazil ?Any additional information like a screenshot would help. Thanks
Fabrizio VenezianoFabrizio Veneziano
Hi, same here (a year after...). Were you ever able to solve it? Did support provide any hint or assistance?
Any feedback much appreciated!
Pablo CorellPablo Corell
Hello,  I am facing the same issue.  Did you guys found a way to solve this? 
Rebekah Oakes 1Rebekah Oakes 1
I ran into this issue too.  My solution was to add an Assignment after the Screen Element:
Fix Address

Where Get User is the name of my sObject for User and I'm using the standard Address field on User:

CountryCode
IF(LEN({!Get_User.Country}) = 2, {!Get_User.Country}, TEXT({!Get_User.CountryCode}))
StateCode
IF(LEN({!Get_User.State}) = 2, {!Get_User.State}, TEXT({!Get_User.StateCode}))

Then Update User after

Overall Flow