function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Omer AlkelaiOmer Alkelai 

flow 'pause' element not available

Hi,
I'm trying to create a flow that is invoked on an object creation, checks whether some conditions are met and then waits for a field to be updated.
I've created a 'record triggered flow' and implemented everything till the 'wait' step. I saw that flows have an element called 'pause' that should allow me to wait for a field update but, for some reason, I don't see it in the toolbox. I only see 'Decision', 'Assignment' and 'Loop'.
Am I doing something wrong? 

EuphoristeEuphoriste
Hello Omer,

You are not doing anything wrong, Pause element is not yet supported by "record triggered flow" : 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_considerations_trigger_record.htm&type=5 (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_considerations_trigger_record.htm&type=5)

If you want to use it you will have to use a Process Builder and trigger an "Autolaunched flow" when object is created.
You will be able to use pause element with this flow.

Best regards
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Omer - Can you confirm if you have 'Run Flows' permission and In Setup | Process Automation Settings, select Let users pause flows is enabled?
Omer AlkelaiOmer Alkelai
Hi Euphoriste, 
Thanks for your reply!
In the list you sent, it says "These considerations apply to record-triggered flows that make before-save updates". I didn't mention that but I'm using 'after-save'. Does this limitation also apply to 'after-save'?
Omer AlkelaiOmer Alkelai
Hi Anudeep,
Thanks for the reply!
I've enaled the 'Run Flows' and 'Pause Flows' but still - same result.
Omer AlkelaiOmer Alkelai
I see it only for 'Schedule-Triggered Flow' and 'Autolaunched Flow'.
I don't see it in 'Screen Flow', 'Platform Event Triggered Flow' and 'Record-Triggered Flow'