function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashish Kumar YadavAshish Kumar Yadav 

sharing setting have read only access how give the edit access to perticular user

Hi Team,

I am facing the issue.while try to give the edit  access to perticular user.my custom object department__c .in sharing setting department object have public read only access and profile level department object have read and edit access .I have created permission set with read and edit access object and field ''status'' and assign this to watson user but while login to perticular user watson I am not able to edit the page .

*I tried to using modify all access but problem is user able to edit all fields. in department object have one field is ''status'' I want to give the edit access that field only.what are possible way please help me with this.

Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.
RituSharmaRituSharma
Profile or permission set just control the object level permissions. What records user can read/edit depends upon multiple factors like record ownership,role hierarchy, sharing rules, apex sharing and manual sharing. If a user has access to a record, you may control individual field access using field level security. Field level securing can be managed using profiles and permission sets.