function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Haseeb Ahmad 9Haseeb Ahmad 9 

Territory Name Field in account object

Hi There,

I am looking for some help to create Territory Name Field in account object which lookup to standard Territory object and gets the name of that Territory. 

User-added image
Both of these objects have no relationship and I do not seem to find a way with either custom lookup field or process builder or flows, Territory object just doesn't show up. 

Anyone have any idea how can I able to create a relationship between these 2? thank you. 
RituSharmaRituSharma
I would suggest you to refer the below provided URL. You can assign accounts to the territories they belong to manually or by applying assignment rules.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/territory-management-basics/assign-accounts-rules-and-users-to-territories#:~:text=You%20can%20assign%20accounts%20to,those%20characteristics%20to%20that%20territory.
Hi Ritu,

Thank you so much for your reply but I have already done that and I have that territory information available in the related list but I need that Territory Name Field in the account object page layout so I can use that field to pass information to the external system. 
RituSharmaRituSharma
Territory field is not available at the account level. It's available in Assigned territories related list since one account can be linked to multiple territories. If as per your business process, one account can be linked to one territiry only, you may use process builder to populate territory name(using a custom fiekd) at the account level once record is added in Assigned territories related list.
Hi Ritu,

I tried that and the problem is in process builder or flows, the Territory object just doesn't show up. :(

RituSharmaRituSharma
You may try with trigger then.
Hi Ritu,

Would you able to help me with writing a trigger? 
P R 11P R 11
Hey Guys,

Just want to check if you find out the workaround on this, as I am also looking for a similar soluton.

Thank you.
Desland VandoDesland Vando
We need this as well!!! Someone have any idea??
Tony Anderson 12Tony Anderson 12
We have the same need. From what I have read it has to be a trigger that populates a custom field on the Account Object.