function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Morgan MarcheseMorgan Marchese 

I hate VS Code.

Am I alone here? I feel like, as a developer, VS Code is making it harder for me to do my job.

Pulling new objects and updates from a Salesforce Org is a nightmare. 

'Go To Definition' and 'Find All References' don't work to navigate to method definitions in other classes/objects or find references to methods/classes across objects.

When I try to open a class, it replaces the other class I already had opened, instead of opening it in a new tab. I can't open in a new tab unless I drag the class up to the tab area manually

I have to press a series of windows key + button commands just to pop a class out of the VS Code window into its own separate window to view it on another screen.

The list of problems I am having with this solution is staggering. How is Salesforce shipping this as the new replacement for the Force.com IDE? It does not feel like it's anywhere near ready for supporting rapid, agile Salesforce development.

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Morgan,

Greetings!

I agree that there are some limitations when it is comes to the VS code but to improve the experience of coding Salesforce has moved to VS code.Also,it is already mentioned that all of the features which are available in the Force.com IDE are not available in VS code but they will be working on those features.

Please have a look at the below blog (https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/2018/02/salesforce-extensions-vs-code.html) for more details.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri 
Morgan MarcheseMorgan Marchese

None of that answers any of my problems with VS Code. Why is it SO bad? Why does code completion not work half the time? Why can't I easily deploy changes to an org? Why is there no KDIFF functionality to compare differences between my IDE and an Org? Why can't I easily open code in a new window? Why doesn't Go To Definition work? Why doesn't Find All References work? 

As someone who has previously used Eclipse, MavensMate, Sublime Text, WelkinSuite, and others... VS Code just frankly is terrible by comparison. I can barely even run test classes half the time. All I get is errors, errors, errors. Error for this, error for that. Oh you want to run test classes? That failed. Oh you want to deploy changes? That failed too.

Mosh HamedaniMosh Hamedani
My Opinion Is also the same basically It  Doesn't have enough support for Front End coding such as HTML,CSS. Should have live view during coding in the window itself.
Regards 3D Modeling Services (https://it-s.com/our-services/2d-3d-modeling/3d-modeling-service/" target="_blank)