function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alicia PATRICIAAlicia PATRICIA 

Email alert when new opportunity is created with new shipping country (address)

Dear All, 
I have got a requirement to trigger a custom notification to supply chain employees (SF users with dedicated SF profile) every time when the new Opportunity will be created in a new country, where the company hasn't done business yet.
There is no shipping address on the Opportunity level, though this information has to be taken from the related Account Record.
Could you please advise what (preferably declarative) solution I could use to meet this requirement?
The challenge here is that possibly I will need to create some trigger which will check all CRM Opportunities for related Shipping Country whether it already exists or no.
Any idea how to achieve it?

Thank you! 
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You can try using process builder or workflow rule.  Also try to create a formula field to pull values from account and store if you want to have new field that stores the shipping address.

Thanks,
Alicia PATRICIAAlicia PATRICIA
Hi Vinay, 
The formula filed is an easy part, but I am looking specifically for a way to verify the new value against the already existing one. How can it be done with Process builder? I do not think it is
Best Regards,
Alicja