function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stéphane CStéphane C 

Data.com clean auto-detected as required for package

Hello,
I'm developing a new version of a Managed package already installed on client's organizations.

When I try to install the new version (as beta on a sandbox) it says "Missing Organization Feature: DataDotComClean".
On the package manager I see that "Data.com Clean" is auto-detected as required by Salesforce so I can't uncheck it.

I tried to install the previous version on the same sandbox and it's worked so Data.com Clean is not required for the previous version.
Between the two versions I have added/updated Apex class, LWC and Custom objects. Nothing really special.

I don't know Data.com Clean so I don't really get what could make it required.

If you have already experimented this or if you have some ideas I'll be glad to read them.

Thank you !

Best Answer chosen by Stéphane C
Stéphane CStéphane C
I found it,

First, I deactivate "Data.com Clean" by switching to classic.
Then I re-deploy my development and it's shown me errors everywhere "Data.com Clean" is used.

Thanks for your time,

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Stephane,

When you upload your package (you can start the process but not finish it to check the current setting) check that your package does not have the "Required" checkbox checked for "Data.com Clean".

References:
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/47623/missing-organization-feature-datadotcomclean-error-while-installing-an-app
https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gke3AAA

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
Stéphane CStéphane C
Hi Vinay,

As said, I see that "Data.com Clean" is auto-detected as required by Salesforce so I can't uncheck it.

I don't understand why Salesforce wants it to be checked.

As far as I can tell, my development does not use Data.com, but because of my lack of knowledge in Data.com I may miss something.

Thanks,
Stéphane CStéphane C
I found it,

First, I deactivate "Data.com Clean" by switching to classic.
Then I re-deploy my development and it's shown me errors everywhere "Data.com Clean" is used.

Thanks for your time,

This was selected as the best answer