function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian NolauBrian Nolau 

I was enabling Multiple Accounts for a Single Contact by following this Salesforce video and now my Contacts disappeared from my Accounts page

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=shared_contacts_set_up.htm&type=5

I was following the demo "watch a demo" on the above link and now on my Account tab if you select "Contact" (next to Details or Opportunities or Case) there are no longer Contacts there. How can I fix this issue? I was just trying to enable Multiple Accounts for a single Contact based on the above link video. 

This is entirely too confusing. When you check the box "allow users to relate a contact to Multiple Accounts," the page there should have text explaining how to enable the feature to be fully setup instead of having me deleting stuff that breaks the site for me.
Best Answer chosen by Brian Nolau
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Answer: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000317503&type=1&mode=1 this article fixed the last bit for me. I now have Related Accounts on my Contact tab. 

All Answers

Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Answer: Nevermind, on the Setup - Object Manager - Account - Page Layout - I dragged Contacts back under Related Lists (next to Related Contacts which is the new thing that I was adding) and it works now.
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Even still, the explanation in that video basically deletes your contacts as I explained without actually setting up Related Contacts properly. That is entirely misleading and doesn't accomplish a very important task.
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Answer: I found out that in Salesforce classic if you go to the Contacts page after setting it up you can click Related Accounts at the top and relate multiple accounts now. I guess that's just not available in Lightning. LOLLLL
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Unfortunately when i switch back to Lightning it shows only one account as related to the contact... I guess I need to add another field or what?
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Answer: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000317503&type=1&mode=1 this article fixed the last bit for me. I now have Related Accounts on my Contact tab. 
This was selected as the best answer
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Issue: If you relate multiple accounts to a single Contact it works now. However, the Account tab "Contacts" does not show the Contact unless the Direct box (which is checked based on the "Account Name" for the Contact tab record at the top of the page) is checked. Basically, Salesforce does not enforce the Many-to-Many relationship between Accounts and Contacts now.
Brian NolauBrian Nolau
Answer: Oh you can drag Related List on the Account tab in Setup à Object Manager à Accountà Lightning Record Pages

to display Related Contacts now that all the other steps were followed. Alright seems like all those articles left out a lot of information but I figured everything out.