function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kelsey BaustianKelsey Baustian 

flow is not firing

Hello. I created a Flow and a Process Builder to kick it off and it's not firing. I'm an admin, not a developer, and would love some help. 
What the flow should do is, when an opportunity is created, look at the contacts from the related account and find which one is marked primary, and take the values from several fields and put them in matching fields on the Opp. 
Below are the screenshots of the flow and pb. Can someone tell me where I went wrong? Thank you!

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Best Answer chosen by Kelsey Baustian
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kelsey,

Greetings!

The flow looks good for me however,I would suggest you to debug the flow on the flow screen by using the Opportunity to figure out if the functionality is working as expected.

Also,I would suggest you to enable the debug logs and try to create the opportunity to see,if the process builder is able to invoke the flow as expected or not.

Please refer this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YZQq0tRWCs) link for the steps to debug the flow.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kelsey,

Greetings!

The flow looks good for me however,I would suggest you to debug the flow on the flow screen by using the Opportunity to figure out if the functionality is working as expected.

Also,I would suggest you to enable the debug logs and try to create the opportunity to see,if the process builder is able to invoke the flow as expected or not.

Please refer this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YZQq0tRWCs) link for the steps to debug the flow.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
Hello, thank you for the response. I ran a debug in the Flow and I think I know what's wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. Somehow, I've got it updating the contact record from the Get Records piece, not the newly created Opportunity. In the Process Builder, I have the recordId variable as being the Account the opportunity was created on, so that must be wrong. 
User-added image

So, I updated the PB to pass these variables
User-added image
UPdated the flow to the following:
User-added image
User-added image
Debugged it again, and it's still not actually updating:
User-added image

It actually doesn't execute the field updates until I edit the Opportunity again. So something stops it from actually performing the record updates.