function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Li LeeLi Lee 

Confused about Salesforce Docuemnt

Hi all,

I try to use Salesforce Tooling API or Metadata API to get Flow metadata information. I check follow salesforce documents: 

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_tooling.meta/api_tooling/tooling_api_objects_flow.htm
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_visual_workflow.htm

Both of document has a similar description: 

Metadata:
You can’t use Metadata API to access a flow installed from a managed package, unless the flow is a template.

Tooling:
If the flow is part of a managed package this field will be Null. Metadata isn’t returned for flows in managed packages, unless the flows are templates.

I test in develop console please see follow image about result: 

User-added image

User-added image

You can see two flow in managed package and not template can query out, but another flows in managed flow and is template can not query out. It looks not match document's description. 

Please corrected me if I have some misunderstand and share your idea about these. 
Best Answer chosen by Li Lee
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Li, 

Will you be able to help with the steps to reproduce this behavior in your org, provide your org Id and extend login access to support for us to look at this issue. You can share these at agopagoni@salesforce.com

All Answers

What they meant when they said "You can’t use Metadata API to access a flow installed from a managed package, unless the flow is a template" is you will not be able to retrieve a flow Metadata unless the flow is a template. Have you tried retrieving the Flow Metadata as well in your org? 
Hi Li, 

Will you be able to help with the steps to reproduce this behavior in your org, provide your org Id and extend login access to support for us to look at this issue. You can share these at agopagoni@salesforce.com
This was selected as the best answer
Li LeeLi Lee

Hi Anudeep, 

Thanks for your advice.