function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew GAndrew G 

lightning component to create a record from global action

Have a need to create a Global Action to create a record.  
The object type is not selectable as one of the options in the Create Record option.
User-added image

Is it possible to create a Lightning component to create the Object required?  Or have I missed something simple?

regards
Andrew

Best Answer chosen by Andrew G
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew, 

I am suspecting you are running into the behavior listed here 

Currently, a Global Action cannot be added to an object if that object is on the Detail side of the Master-Detail relationship.

These global actions should be supported by making the lookup to the Master-Side of the relationship required on the page layout.

That is an idea today

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you

All Answers

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew, 

I am suspecting you are running into the behavior listed here 

Currently, a Global Action cannot be added to an object if that object is on the Detail side of the Master-Detail relationship.

These global actions should be supported by making the lookup to the Master-Side of the relationship required on the page layout.

That is an idea today

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
This was selected as the best answer
Andrew GAndrew G
@anudeep
Yep, that would be the issue I am facing.  

So Global Actions are out.   Need to try and create another work around for the client.

Salesforce, forever the challenge

thanks