function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Agathi TsatsaniAgathi Tsatsani 

Browser blocks cross-domain cookies

Hello,
When launching a flow via a list button with this return URL : /flow/New_Hotel_Master_Booking?varBookingId={!Booking__c.Id}&retURL=/{!Booking__c.Id}
I am getting the below error: “We can't display this page because your browser blocks cross-domain cookies. Try again with a different supported browser.
The purpose is to navigate the user directly to the child record and not the list view of the master record after the completion of the flow.
I have tried to allow all cookies to my Chrome browser.
Any suugestions?
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Agathi - Can you try unselected the "Block cookies and third Party" on your chrome browser. Also, does it work in firefox? 

I recommend reviewing https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=pages_browser_security_settings.htm

Emily AmbsEmily Ambs
Hi, I am getting the same error message, but it happens when I try to create a new donation record (I have the nonprofit version of Salesforce). My cookie settings in Chrome look appropriate, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I really do not want to use a different browser. Let me know if you resolve the issue!
Steve LockwoodSteve Lockwood
I'm on safari/mac and I'm having the same issue. I didn't have this issue with Zoho crm which makes me think it's a salesforce issue, not a browser issue. Has anyone found a solution?
Antriksh TawraAntriksh Tawra
Click on the Lock icon in the salesforce url above. Then click on cookies and from there go in blocked cookies tab. From there allow cookies from salesforce. Reload the page and the issue shall be solved.
Richard Fiekowsky 3Richard Fiekowsky 3
This is due to modern browser security enhancements, and the fact that salesforce cookies and elements of pages have been served from multiple domains. Enhanced Domains feature should solve this. Until then, the user's browser can be convinced to make exceptions, assuming the "Standard" setting below is OK with your admins. This procedure is for Firefox: 
1) In Firefox, click menu icon (three bars) at upper right. 
2) Click "Settings" in that menu.  
3) Click "Security and Privacy" in the menu in the left pane. 
4) "Standard" should be selected and not "Strict" nor "Custom" in the top section. If not so, make it so, after checking with your admins. .  
5) In the next section, Cookies and Site Data, click "Manage Exceptions" button. 
6) A dialog pops up 
7) In the "Address of website" field, type "salesforce.com". 
8) Click the "Allow" button. 
9) two entries for salesforce.com should appear (http and https) in the list box
10) repeat steps 7) and 8)  for address "force.com" 
11) repeat steps 7) and 8)  for address "visualforce.com"  
12)  Click "Save changes"
13) Close any tabs with error messages 
14) Close and restart Firefox
15) Check that the problem has stopped occurring
Joseph King 2Joseph King 2

With google chrome version :Version 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (x86_64)

this is still an ongoing issue

salesforce error screenshot

chrome settings 

google chrome cookie settings

I have found that removing some securities from safari and adding the cookie exception does work, but there is currently no working solution on the internet for this issue with the latest chrome update.  

Joshua Gaude 2Joshua Gaude 2

I recently had a similar message stating "We can't display this page because your browser blocks cross-domain cookies" when trying to view/edit page layouts. The message was concluded by telling me I can view the page in Salesforce Classic.

Ultimately, what worked for me was clearing all Salesforce related cookies from my browser. You can do this by doing the following:

1. Go to the browser tab with your Salesforce Org open.
  2. In the URL bar, to the left of the website URL is a padlock. Click on it, then click on "Cookies and site data."
  3. Click "Manage cookies and site data."
  4. Delete all the cookies and site data you see in the window and click done.
  5. You will need to refresh the website and log in again.
This is what worked for me. Stale/old/currupt cookies and cached data is usually the most common issue related to any website problems and clearing that data should be one of the first thing you should try doing when troubleshooting an issue. I hope this helps anyone who comes across this with similar issues.