function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Martin TremblayMartin Tremblay 

Unable to change "PublishStatus" to "Online" from SOAP API

Hi
Using SOAP API from a .Net application, i cannot change or update the "PublishStatus" of the Kwnoledge Article from "Draft" to "Online". When trying i receive the error: "Unable to Create/Update Fields: PublishStatus. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for you profile or permission set." I did verified that i have read/write access to that field and i also have the "Managed Article" permission for my account.. ANyone can please help me with that?
thanks in advance
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Martin,

As per my understanding, it is not possible to update the PublishStatus field via API at this time.

Thanks,
Hi Vinay
Where did you get that information from? What about the REST API methods mentioned in my post?
The documentation says it could be done as long as we have proper read/write permission on that field and Managed Article permission. 
thanks much in advance for any clarification you can provide.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Check below reference

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/149957/how-can-a-knowledge-article-be-published-using-the-soap-api

Thanks,
Thanks Vinay fo rthe reply
yes i saw that post many times and if you read the date its almost 4 years old.
API versions have changed quite a bit since then... And i also read all the documentation over and over again
Anyone else can help please?
thanks in advance