function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cate GodleyCate Godley 

Trigger run flow is firing for one user when they are not requesting the flow to run.

I have a screen flow (Send Stock Sample Request Email) that is set to fire when a button (Send Sample Request Email) is pressed in the Sample Request record. When the button is pressed, the flow is trigger to collect information from the Sample Request record and send an email to a designated list of people. For one of our users this flow is being triggered a second time when he has not entered the specified record or pressed the Send Sample Request Email button. 

I had a trace flag running on his user for 24 hours to catch the duplicate trigger. The first email was requested by the user to be sent out 01/28 11:49:32. There is a log file for this in our system.

The second email that was NOT requested to be sent went out at 01/28 15:20:58. There is a log file in our system for this as well.

image of sample request flow in SFDCimage of sample request button on custom record typeimage of action detail in backend of custom record type

Best Answer chosen by Cate Godley
Dinesh GopalakrishnanDinesh Gopalakrishnan

Hi Cate,

1.Can you check whether the apex action(Send Sample Request Email) class getting invoked anywhere apart from this Quick action Button?
2.Instead of using Apex Action you can try with Email Alert action from flow to send the email.

Please let me know if you have queries.

Kindly Mark this as a Best Answer if you Find this Useful!

Thanks,
DineshKumar Gopalakrishnan

All Answers

Dinesh GopalakrishnanDinesh Gopalakrishnan

Hi Cate,

1.Can you check whether the apex action(Send Sample Request Email) class getting invoked anywhere apart from this Quick action Button?
2.Instead of using Apex Action you can try with Email Alert action from flow to send the email.

Please let me know if you have queries.

Kindly Mark this as a Best Answer if you Find this Useful!

Thanks,
DineshKumar Gopalakrishnan

This was selected as the best answer
Cate GodleyCate Godley
Hi Dinesh, 

Thank you for the reply. I was able to change the apex action to an email alert action in the flow and that seems to have solved the problem, but I am giving it a solid 24 hours of no duplicate emails before calling it officially solved. 

Could you let me know how I would go about checking the apex action class is invoked somewhere else? This is a new area of Salesforce for me, so I don't know how I would even start to look for that. 

Thanks!