function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jaap ScheperJaap Scheper 

How do I bind a Flow Screen variable to a LWC Custom Property Editor input?

I've build a navigation LWC with a Custom Property Editor to be used in a Flow Screen.

The Flow has a Screen with a checkbox 'cancelCheckbox'. When the agent ticks that checkbox, the red button 'Cancel' should appear. When the checkbox is not checked, the red Cancel button should disappear.

User-added image
I did not find a way to bind Flow Variables to my Custom Property Editor. I can add Numbers, Toggles, all beautiful, but how do I bind a Flow variable to my LWC input?
User-added image
Would I not use a Custom Property Editor, I could have used the default input fields, like picture below. Is such input field available for Custom Property Editors? Am I missing this information in the documentation? I have read a lot of documentation, but nothing seems to help here. 
User-added image
So the question is:
How do I bind a Flow Screen variable to a Lightning Web Component's via a Custom Property Editor input?
Thanks in advance!
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jaap,

I think the scenario is that on click of the checkbox the component needs to show the current status of the box upon change if that is the case then can you check if the values are visible if the lwc is placed on the second screen?

Thanks.
Jaap ScheperJaap Scheper
Hi ANUTEJ,
Thanks for your response.
can you check if the values are visible if the lwc is placed on the second screen?
How would I do that?
So this is the case:
  • CheckBox is placed on a Screen
  • Lightning Web Component is separate, custom component, also placed on a Screen

How can I 'push' the checkbox value to the LWC? Or how can the LWC 'pull' the checkbox value from the Flow?
Usually one accomplishes this by setting a variable in the Property Editor.

That seems impossible within a Custom Poperty Editor, you see? It seems we cannot bind data between flow and LWC in the case you are using a Custom Property Editor.