function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex Valavanis 10Alex Valavanis 10 

Flow update records to 2 objects

Hello,

I created a screen flow which gets  records from a custom object, however i want to update from one object and some to another. How can i do that?
Below is the first update element.

User-added image
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Alex,

Greetings!

You can update the records on the same object or any other Object which should be related to the actual Object.

Reference:https://jenwlee.com/2020/07/27/lets-get-with-the-flow-update-a-related-record-in-a-loop/

Please mark it as best answer if it helps you to fix the issue.

Thank you!

Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Alex, 

Lightning Flow gives us more power to determine what records we want to update.
  • When updating related records, in Lightning Flow, you'll start off by giving it a name (A). 
  • Next, you have to define how you're going to know which record(s) to update (B). For now, let's choose Specify conditions to identify records, and set fields individually.  This will reveal additional fields. 
  • Type in the Object you wish to update (C).
  • Define the criteria needed to know what record(s) to update (D).  Think of this like the filters in a report or list view.
  • Finally, you select the field(s) that need to be updated and the value(s) you want them updated to (E).  Remember our friend $Record is still available and can be referenced to set the values of your fields.
  • The first is to simply to select the Update Record element, give it a name, and select Specify conditions to identify records
User-added image

Reference: https://www.terrystidbits.com/2020/11/25/updating-records-from-process-builder-to-lightning-flow/

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
Alex Valavanis 10Alex Valavanis 10
Hello,
My screenshot shows that 3 fields from object Organisation will be updated. However i want to update 8 more fields which are sitting on a custom object.
Can i do this within 1 element? Do i have to create a condition? Hope you understood my question.
Alex