function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Akshay Mourya 6Akshay Mourya 6 

Case seen by other users having the same profile

Hi All,

I have created a few cases from one user(x) who has a contract manager profile. After that, I have assigned the same profile to another user(y) so cases which I have from user x are visible to user y.

Is it possible to restrict users from not see the other user case which is having the same profile? Can we give any permission to profile so that cases are not seen by other users having the same profile?

Please suggest the same.

Thanks,

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Akshay,

>>https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.securityImplGuide.meta/securityImplGuide/security_data_access.htm#:~:text=Salesforce%20data%20sharing%20lets%20you,level%20security%20by%20controlling%20access.

As mentioned in the above article you can set the object level permissions under profile and open access via permission sets.

You specify object permissions in permission sets and profiles. Permission sets and profiles are collections of settings and permissions that determine what a user can do in the application. The settings are similar to a group in a Windows network, where the members of the group have the same folder permissions and access to the same software.

Profiles are typically defined by a user’s job function (for example, Salesforce admin or sales representative). A profile can be assigned to many users, but a user can be assigned to only one profile. You can use permission sets to grant more permissions and access settings to users. Now it’s easier to manage users’ permissions and access because you can assign multiple permission sets to a single user.

To know more you can check the above article.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.