function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajesh26rajesh26 

SINGLE SIGN ON Config

Hello All
  We are implementing SSO newly to our Org using SAML, i have couple of questions
Please help me with them

1. I have sso enabled but still able to login using username and paswword ? do i need to remove or any additional settings ?
2. Since SSO is enabled, i did remove all the Ip restrictions in Org Level and Profile level, but we have managed packages whose ip are also whitlisted, what happens to those appexchange products ?
3. How to make some user SSO enabled and some users non-sso ?
Best Answer chosen by rajesh26
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
See my comments 

2. So it doesnot matter even if we have Ip address whitelisted, because when we have ip whitlesited am not able to use SSO
Not True ..  You can able to use the SSO irrespective of IP address 
3. We are using SAML and i dont see this im my system permissions of the profile
No Permission you dnt see with SAML ( Some of common permission are there )  Pls Refer
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sso.meta/sso/sso_about.htm

4. After SSO is enabled how do Workbench or dataloader work ?
Workbechn and data load works based on Session .. to use them you need to login to SF so SSO will come first after login into SF you can use the workbench 

5. We have Salesforce A (mobile) enabled, how does SSO affects ?
Yes-- Login will go though SSO process  ( please test it once ) i am not 100 % confident 

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati

See My Comments 

1. I have sso enabled but still able to login using username and paswword ? do i need to remove or any additional settings ?

Raj -  if you have setup your My domain to prevent logins via standard Salesforce login urls (login.salesforce.com) then it will go to SSO only  ..Other wise you can able to login from login.salesforce.com or test.salesforce.com 

2. Since SSO is enabled, i did remove all the Ip restrictions in Org Level and Profile level, but we have managed packages whose ip are also whitlisted, what happens to those appexchange products ?

Raj - Salesforce feature that validates login IP ranges continues to be in effect for single sign-on users  .. If It failed to validate the IP Range it will challenge the Login and Auth provide will ask to enter token or password gain 

3. How to make some user SSO enabled and some users non-sso ?

Go to Profile, please check  "Is single sign-on enabled"  PERMSSION to False so that profile will be by passed from SSP 
rajesh26rajesh26
Hello Raj

Thanks for your response. 
1. Thank you i understood
2. So it doesnot matter even if we have Ip address whitelisted, because when we have ip whitlesited am not able to use SSO
3. We are using SAML and i dont see this im my system permissions of the profile

Regards

rajesh26rajesh26
Hello Raj

Thanks for your response. 
1. Thank you i understood

Sorry for the so many questions i tried to go to SSO implementation guide but didnot have any clear information.

Regards

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
See my comments 

Not True ..  You can able to use the SSO irrespective of IP address 
No Permission you dnt see with SAML ( Some of common permission are there )  Pls Refer
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sso.meta/sso/sso_about.htm

Workbechn and data load works based on Session .. to use them you need to login to SF so SSO will come first after login into SF you can use the workbench 

Yes-- Login will go though SSO process  ( please test it once ) i am not 100 % confident 
This was selected as the best answer