function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Holly Stephens 10Holly Stephens 10 

How do I reference an external object in flow builder

I am trying to reference an external object in a Record Choice Set Resource in Flow Builder. When I tell it to get all records, it does indeed work. However, when I try to enforce condition requirements, I then no longer recieve any values. 
These are the child records
I would like this to be limited to only records related to the contact (indirect lookup relationship) . 
 Any help is appreciated!User-added imageUser-added image​​​​​​So, from the contact that is already set in the contact lookup get records element, I would like to show the External object records associated to that contact. I have tried a basic condition and each time nothing is returned for the record choice set in the picklist. I have tested using the debug and it doesn't show me anything. I have also tested by activating that version of the flow and testing on the contact record.
Best Answer chosen by Holly Stephens 10
Holly Stephens 10Holly Stephens 10
Turns out the issue was not in my condition but in my sort order for the retrieved records. External objects need to be sorted by their external Id field in order to render results after a query. This was NOT mentioned in any documentation that was found, but instead was discovered after about 2 hours of working with another senior admin. I wanted to mark this as answered so if anyone else had this similar issue, they could find it!