function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vibhor M 7Vibhor M 7 

web to lead with attachment

Hi All,

As I am aware that we cannot create web to lea with an atachment and need to create a custom solution for the same.
I am looking for a detailed solution of how to achieve this.

TIA
Saravanan RajarajanSaravanan Rajarajan
Hi Vibhor,

No, that's not possible because the web to lead form is a simple HTML post that cannot accept files.  You'll notice that everything on the web that accepts attachments is a 2-step process -- first you post the file, then you post the data.  Try attaching a file in your favorite web-based email client and you'll see what I mean.
Please vote this idea to get this feature

You can build a custom W2L form with Sites that would accept attachments though.  It would be substantially similar to this custom Web To Case form.Here is one of the way to do this:How to Send File Uploads (Attachments) to Salesforce

Another thing to consider if you don't want to engage in a project of moderate complexity would be to consider a 3rd party tool such as Form Assembly which lets you map data directly to Salesforce without the restrictions you normally find natively.

Web to Lead, does not support attachments. So either someone built something for you to do attachments from your website (using the API) or you are using a 3rd party product that has that built-in functionality.

For more detail please review the link,

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hEFpAAM

Please mark it best answer if it helps you.
Saravanan RajarajanSaravanan Rajarajan
and also refer below link have to same idea it will came.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BrjEAAS

Vibhor M 7Vibhor M 7
 I am already aware about the idea and the apps. the request i made here is the detailed solution as to how can I achieve this if anyone has performed this action.