function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Himanshu PuranikHimanshu Puranik 

Trigger standard duplicate check through checkbox

Hello everyone,

I have a checkbox which is tied with a workflow rule to change the record type of an object from one to another. The requirement now is to trigger a duplicate check when this checkbox is ticked. Is it possible to trigger a standard duplicate check salesforce has to notify the user of a potential existing dupllicate which can be overridden and the checkbox is saved as true?
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Himanshu,

Greetings!

Duplicate rule fires before the DML/insert operation.So,if you would like to check the duplicate records on checking the checkbox then I would suggest you call the Save operation which will check for duplicate records and show you the existing to merge with.

Reference:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=duplicate_rules_map_of_reference.htm&type=5

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri:

Himanshu PuranikHimanshu Puranik
Hi Shirisha,

Thanks for your reply. 

My requirement is to to Save the record once the checkbox is checked, but to automate a case creation and only after that case is approved, to create a record. So even before a case is created, I want this duplicate check to happen. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Himanshu