function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saurabhkher19saurabhkher19 

Assign different record types to different users of the same profile

Is there a way to assign different record type of case object to different users having same profile. I have a requirement to show department specific picklist values on case object's when specific department user logs in and try to create new case. All department falls under same profile I am not thinking of creating separate profile for each department.

**So the requirement is:** If User U1 of Department D1 having profile R logs in, he should see only R1 record type of case object. But when User U2 or Department D2 or same profile R logs in, he should see only R2 record type of case object. It will apply for other department as well.

**What I have done so far:** 1. Created record types and assigned all record type to Profile R. There will be one record type as default because there is no option to disable default option. User in this case getting option to select one record type but values are coming from default record type only.
2. Created permission set for each department and removed all record type from profile level and assigned to specific permission set. Then assigned specific permission set to one user at a time. In this case record type selection option is not appearing but values are from master record type which is default in case of no record type.

**How can I disable default record type since values are coming from default only**

Any suggestion in this case will be much appreciated.
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi  Saurabh,

I found the beloe developer forum that discussed a same problem can you please have a look at it in the link given below:

>> https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000ZhTPAA0

I hope this helps and in case if this comes handy can you please choose this as best answer so that it can be used by others in the future,

Regards,
Anutej
saurabhkher19saurabhkher19
Hi ANUTEJ,
I have seen this before but it is not working for me. As I have mentioned when I try to follow this approach, values from only master record type are coming, not from specific permission set's record type. And there is no way to remove involvement of Master record type at profile level.
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
I tried finding a solution but unfortunately, I was not able to find one now. I will try searching again later and in case if I find a solution I will post it as a comment.