function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan OtisJonathan Otis 

Flow - Component Visibility logic not working

Hello all,

I've built a screen flow that uses the component visibility feature extensively.  It was all working fine in debug until I activated the flow; now, many of my screen components won't appear under any conditions.  Visibility settings seem to work for criteria based on flow picklists and record fields, but not when they're based on flow checkboxes and formulae.

As an example, on the first screen of the flow, the second "Address to be Validated" component is causing trouble:

User-added image

The address component should be visible if the checkbox {!Match_Address} is set to false OR the picklist at the top of the page {!AddType} is set to something other than the default choice.

User-added image
When the flow runs, changing the picklist selection does change the address component's visibility, but clicking and unclicking the checkbox does not.  Before I activated the flow, it had been working properly in debug.  There are about a dozen components in the flow showing similar behavior.

The flow was built in a Summer '20 sandbox.  I don't see anything in the release notes that would account for what I'm seeing.  Does this sound familiar to anybody?
Best Answer chosen by Jonathan Otis
Thanks Shirisha! Your suspicion about the checkboxes returning null rather than false seems to be correct. I spent some time in the Trailblazer Community and it appears that this may be related to a known issue in Summer '20.
Trailblazer Community - Flow Component Visibility not working all of a sudden. (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000lhMv)

For the time being, I have replaced my checkboxes with radio buttons.  It's not an ideal solution but it'll at least keep me moving forward.

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jonathan,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to capture the debug logs when you are trying to debug the flow and as well as firing the flow to compare.

I suspect that it could be because of the checkbox values which might be coming as null instead of true or false.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Thanks Shirisha! Your suspicion about the checkboxes returning null rather than false seems to be correct. I spent some time in the Trailblazer Community and it appears that this may be related to a known issue in Summer '20.
Trailblazer Community - Flow Component Visibility not working all of a sudden. (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000lhMv)

For the time being, I have replaced my checkboxes with radio buttons.  It's not an ideal solution but it'll at least keep me moving forward.
This was selected as the best answer
Sunny PaharSunny Pahar
this is great and so fast to be solved :) Honey Select (https://pcgamesd.com/honey-select-2-free-download/)