function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Diane Roberts 3Diane Roberts 3 

Salesforce to Dropbox integration

Hello,
A couple of questions on the Salesforce to Dropbox Integration. My client installed this a while back and is having issues. 
1) Why does Dropbox not appear as a tab in App Launcher? If I do view all I can see Dropbox Options.
2) Do you have to reconnect to Dropbox under the Dropbox Options every time that you want to add a Dropbox file to a Salesforce folder?
Thanks,
Diane
Best Answer chosen by Diane Roberts 3
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Diane,

1) Why does Dropbox not appear as a tab in App Launcher? If I do view all I can see Dropbox Options.

You can add 'Drop box options' tab to any existing app so that tab would be visible.
2) Do you have to reconnect to Dropbox under the Dropbox Options every time that you want to add a Dropbox file to a Salesforce folder?

Click the Dropbox Options tab in Salesforce.
Click Connect to Dropbox; you should be redirected to dropbox.com.
Sign in to dropbox.com with your Dropbox Business account.
Click Allow; you should be redirected back to Dropbox Options in Salesforce.

Notes:
Team members will also be prompted to connect if they visit a Dropbox component in Salesforce.
Once connected, team members are returned to the record they started on. The Dropbox folder will now load.

Reference:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/third-party/salesforce-team-member

You can try installing below Appexchange in your org to check behavior:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000prqLEAQ

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Diane,

You can add 'Drop box options' tab to any existing app so that tab would be visible.

Click the Dropbox Options tab in Salesforce.
Click Connect to Dropbox; you should be redirected to dropbox.com.
Sign in to dropbox.com with your Dropbox Business account.
Click Allow; you should be redirected back to Dropbox Options in Salesforce.

Notes:
Team members will also be prompted to connect if they visit a Dropbox component in Salesforce.
Once connected, team members are returned to the record they started on. The Dropbox folder will now load.

Reference:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/third-party/salesforce-team-member

You can try installing below Appexchange in your org to check behavior:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000prqLEAQ

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
RajandraSRajandraS
Hi Roberts,

Follow these below instructions for Dropbox integration

Install Dropbox for Salesforce.
  1. Go to the Dropbox for Salesforce listing.
  2. On Dropbox for Salesforce, click Get It Now.
  3. Choose where you’d like to install Dropbox for Salesforce.
    • Installing in your production environment gives access to all your end-users
    • Installing in a sandbox creates a copy of production, which you can use to test new apps
  4. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, and then click Confirm and Install.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. On the page “Step 1. Approve Package API Access," click Next.
  7. On the page “Step 2. Choose security level," select a security level, and click Next.
  8. On the page “Step 3. Install-Package," click Install.
2. Connect and configure Salesforce to Dropbox.
  1. Sign in to the Salesforce website.
  2. Select the Dropbox Options tab from the Salesforce App Launcher.
  3. Click Connect to Dropbox.
  4. You should be redirected to dropbox.com; click Continue.
  5. If you're using Dropbox Business, you can choose to connect the rest of your team. This works by matching the email address in the Salesforce user table with the user email address in Dropbox.
    • If you decided not to link your team, members will be prompted to connect their Dropbox account when visiting a page in Salesforce. This prompt will only appear once.
  1. When prompted, select Create Remote Site Setting.
  2. Next, configure your page layouts by selecting Update Layouts. This will add the Dropbox component to the Account, Contact, Case, Opportunity, and Lead objects page layouts.
Note: Once connected, the Dropbox Connection Settings will show the username and team name (Dropbox Business only).

Thanks & Regards
Rajendra Singh