function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Developer BaseDeveloper Base 

Quote Line Items sorting not working properly - probably a bug!

Hello, we need to fix this - we think it is a bug.

Link to the function:
https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter20/release-notes/rn_sales_sort_quote_line_items.htm

User A wants to sort Quote Line Items:
User-added image

Clicks on sort:

User-added image

After clicking on Save button, the Quote Line Items are not sorted:

User-added image

But when I log as another user and view the same Quote, the Quote Line Items show as sorted:

User-added image

Please help me fix this.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings!

The new feature will allow you to sort the the Quote Line Items in Lightning Experience by dragging the records as per your order.

Have you tried by dragging the records up and down and see,if you still see the same behavior.If yes,then please feel free to reach out to the salesforce.com support to identify it as bug or working as design which will help others as well.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Tom EllisTom Ellis
I too have this problem and would love to get a solution. Logged in as myself/administrator, the sort function has no effect on the Quote Line Items order. No amount of sorting, saving refreshing or whatever seems to help. If I log in as another user, then sort the Quote Line Items, it seems to work and display the list in the newly sorted order, however when I log out as that user and log back in as myself again the sort order is back in the old unsorted order which still cannot be changed for some reason!?! I need this to be reliable for all users before we start rolling out quotes... are there any steps I can take to try and solve this please?
Jo KennyJo Kenny
Hi did you get anywhere with this, we are experiencing the same problem we can sort the lines, move the lines in order etc but when we go back to the Quote the line items are in a different order its becoming increasingly difficult to work around??