function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shaqib ahmadshaqib ahmad 

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://c.ap16.visual.force.com/javascript/1591711493000/sfdc/source/VFState.js.map

<apex:page id="page" >
    <apex:form id="fm">
        <script>
          function show(){
              var Name= document.getElementById("page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi1:name").value;
              document.getElementById('page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi2:myName').value=Name;
              document.getElementById('page:fm:pb:pbs:pbsi3:res').innerHTML='<b><i>'+Name+'<i><b>';
             }
              </script>
        <apex:pageBlock title="Employee" id="pb" >
            <apex:pageBlockSection id="pbs" columns="1">

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi1">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Enter Name"/>
                    <apex:inputText id="Name" onchange="Show()" />
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi2">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Your name"/>
                    <apex:inputText id="myName" />

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi3">
                    <apex:outputLabel value="my name"/>
                    <apex:outputText id="res"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
Best Answer chosen by shaqib ahmad
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Shaqib,
I have reproduced based on the code snippet you provided and see output without any errors.

User-added imageThe error you stated appears as a warning message in the browser console.
As per the post  (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BBH6IAO)  JavaScript source maps are used to allow combined/minified JavaScript files to be debugged.  They essentially allow you to map a line/column from the minified source back to the original JavaScript file.

These ideally shouldn't affect any JavaScript functionality, so you can safely ignore these messages. The warnings only show on the chrome browser and not on Mozilla.  Can you confirm if it is impacting any of the existing functionality?

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you

All Answers

HI Shaqib,
Can you try deactivating Javascript source map in the dev tools and see if it fixes the issue
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35002087/disable-source-maps-in-chrome-devtools

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
shaqib ahmadshaqib ahmad
Hi Swetha,
I did the changes as you suggested but it didn't work still facing the same issue. 
HI Shaqib,
I have reproduced based on the code snippet you provided and see output without any errors.

User-added imageThe error you stated appears as a warning message in the browser console.
As per the post  (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BBH6IAO)  JavaScript source maps are used to allow combined/minified JavaScript files to be debugged.  They essentially allow you to map a line/column from the minified source back to the original JavaScript file.

These ideally shouldn't affect any JavaScript functionality, so you can safely ignore these messages. The warnings only show on the chrome browser and not on Mozilla.  Can you confirm if it is impacting any of the existing functionality?

This was selected as the best answer
shaqib ahmadshaqib ahmad
Hi Swetha,
It worked ...
I really appreciate your effort...
Thanks.

thesunloverthesunlover
Does any one have the idea how to properly import source mapping?
(I also need it for debugging purposes in the same way as Shaqib)