function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 91Glenn Nyhan 91 

PATH

Since we can't put two PATHs on one layout I want to set up a Process Builder process so when the PATH button Mark 5 Steps Complete is moved to the next record type layout with the 2nd  PATH the student continues on. Is there a way to do this via Process Builder? I can't seem to find the button to use as the trigger for the process. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

User-added image

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Glenn,

Greetings!

I don't think this is possible alone with the Process builder.Also,since we have the limitation with the paths I would suggest you to create the lightning component to create buttons as per your requirement and override the lightning record page to achieve your requirement.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Glenn Nyhan 91Glenn Nyhan 91
Hi Shirisha,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I decided (though haven't built and tested yet) to take the path of least residence and put a checkbox on the layout that when checked will change the record type to the record type/layout with the 2nd PATH. This should work. I haven't tried it yet but will. Thank again!

Bowing in Gratitude,

Glenn