function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adriano RothschildAdriano Rothschild 

Creating Reports without Duplicate Rows

I'm trying to create a custom report that returns Contacts and their associated Accounts and Projects. I have my Salesforce set up so I can have Contacts with multiple Accounts; however, when I created the customized report to show the relationships between Contacts/Accounts/Projects, I get duplicates of the same contact if they are part of multiple Accounts or Projects. Is there a way to place multiple Accounts and Projects on the same row (i.e. Account 1, Account 2, Project 1, Project 2, etc.) in the customized reports?

For context: my customized report had the following Object Relationships:
Contacts A
...with at least one related record from Account Relationships (B)
......with or without related records from Project Association (C)
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Adriano,

As you said contact records are present multiple times can you try checking if it is possible to group the contact records? like in this documentation link: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=reports_builder_fields_groupings.htm&type=5

Regards,
Anutej
Hi Anutej,

I'm having trouble finding where you can make those groupings - is it under the Reports tab? Or do I need to make these changes in Setup?
User-added image

As in this image there is this option, can you try checking this?
This grouping works, but is not exactly what I'm looking for. We need to create extra columns per contact showing each account they are a part of automatically. This grouping adds additional rows we do not want.
I think you would be able to use filters to get appropriate records and also choose to remove columns.