function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julie Curry 19Julie Curry 19 

big objects and data archiving

I'm researching data archiving for my organization. I know there are applications we can purchase such as DataArchiva and OwnBackup but I also know that you can DIY with Big Objects.

I was wondering if anyone has done this or knows much about it. Someone told me that Salesforce now offers some data archiving functionality with Big Objects (automating deletion and transfer of records). I've never heard this and was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable about this. My google search to find information about salesforce archiving functionality and big objects isn't returning anything helpful. Thanks!

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Julie,

You can find the Data archiving information in the below salesforce document,

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bigobjects.meta/bigobjects/big_object.htm

It says " You can archive data from other objects or bring massive datasets from outside systems into a big object to get a full view of your customers. Clients and external systems use a standard set of APIs to access big object data. A big object provides consistent performance, whether you have 1 million records, 100 million, or even 1 billion. This scale gives a big object its power and defines its features"

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.