function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karan VediKaran Vedi 

Action Plans App - Missing Functionality

Hello,
When we create action plan, it creates the due dates for the subsequent tasks based on the Task Dependancy and Days After field. Sometimes, we need to posptone due date of an open task belonging to the action plan but due date on subsequent tasks dont get automatically updated. I have a good understanding of admin side and basic development knowledge. Any help is appreciated. 
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karan,

Greetings!

If you would like to postpone the due date based on the action plan for some records then I would suggest you to create the process builder by using the criteria of the action plan and update the due date as per your business logic.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Karan VediKaran Vedi
Hello Shirisha,

Thank you and appreciation for your help. I have already tried process builder and it was working well for a small uniform action plan. I created process builder on task using subject as a criteria. but in the real case scenarios we can have more than 20 task in a action plan with no uniform criteria between subsequent tasks and also, different action plans for different users.
Can you please elaborate more how can i achieve this using process bulder?

Thank you,
Karan Vedi

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karan,

If the due date change depends on the action plan which is constant for all the records then you will have to create the formula field on the record to calculate how much it should be for due date based on the action plan and then fire the process builder and add the formula field to update the due date.

Hope this helps you to achieve your requirement.

Thank you!